- Question: What is a Cult?
- Answer: "...a significant deviation from orthodox (normal) Christianity."
- ...or "a group of people gathered about a specific person or person's misinterpretation of the Bible."
We are continuing our online series on "Talking to the Cults" and this week looking at another non-christian cult called the "Baha'i Faith".
- The above YouTube video features Walter Martin speaking authoritatively on Baha'i Faith.
- "An impersonal god, and a confusion in terminology ....no where is this better personified than in Baha'ism"
Walter Martin Debates: Bahai' Faith vs. Christianity
In his authoritative work on Cults, christian researcher Walter Ralston Martin (1928 to 1989) has looked into this strange cult in his work entitled "Kingdom of the Cults". He first discerned that, although it is Islamic in its origin, Baha'ism has carefully cloaked itself in Western terminology and has imitated Christianity in forms and ceremonies wherever possible in order to become appealing to the Western mind.
Let's let his work speak for itself. Particularly interesting is the interview he does with a person of this cult.
(Click each page to enlarge for better viewing; Use your Control key and +/- keys will zoom in and out).
Jehovah's Witnesses - Part 1
Jehovah'sWitnesses - Part 2
Muslim Clerics views on Cartoon Draw Organizer
Anne Barnhardt On Islam