Apr 12, 2012

An Agent of Change?

9Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”  Jeremiah 1:9


   In my bible tour I'm passing through the book of Jeremiah, "the weeping prophet".  It is interesting to read the "marching orders" or "the call" that God gave to this man of God.  It seems God's plan was for Jeremiah to be his "agent-of-change", severely scolding rebellious Israel; to "uproot, tear-down, destroy, overthrow - and then to build and plant".
   Here the "Unchangeable God" is all for change in his people Israel.  They were rebellious and their hearts were wayward.  I am reminded of how God wants to keep changing and making me ever more closer to the image of His Son.  I know of areas in my life that need to change and be placed more firmly in his hands.  
   Jewish legend has Jeremiah as being stoned to death as he faithfully lived out his marching orders for God. Change it seems is often not well-received.  How have you dealt with a recent change in your life?  Do you see it as an opportunity to trust God a bit more?


No comments:

Post a Comment