Nov 6, 2014

Listen and Depend upon His Word

   I want to include a small but important passage I came across this morning.  In this scene, Samuel the man of God has confronted Saul.  How have YOU listened to God today?   Have you listened to Him from his Word?

  " ....Has the Lord as much pleasure in your burnt offerings and sacrifices as in your obedience?  Obedience is far better than sacrifice.  He is much more interested in your listening to him than in your offering the fat of rams to him.  For rebellion is as bad as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as bad as worshiping idols. 

....“I have sinned,” Saul finally admitted. “Yes, I have disobeyed your instructions and the command of the Lord, for I was afraid of the people and did what they demanded. (-1 Samuel 15 Living Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment