Sep 19, 2013

A Prophecy Against Elam (Iran)

Jeremiah 49: 34-39
34This is the word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet concerning Elam, early in the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah:
35This is what the Lord Almighty says:
“See, I will break the bow of Elam,
the mainstay of their might.
36I will bring against Elam the four winds
from the four quarters of heaven;
I will scatter them to the four winds,
and there will not be a nation
where Elam’s exiles do not go.
37I will shatter Elam before their foes,
before those who want to kill them;
I will bring disaster on them,
even my fierce anger,”
declares the Lord.
“I will pursue them with the sword
until I have made an end of them.
38I will set my throne in Elam
and destroy her king and officials,”
declares the Lord.
39“Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam
in days to come,”
declares the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment