It's only by FAITH in the atoning death of Jesus Christ, and His subsequent resurrection, that an individual can come to God. Faith in God pleases Him and brings all the blessings He has promised us.
Romans 10:17Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
Wow Guys, this winter has seemingly passed quickly and we are approaching that time of year when our faith (and our church calendar) turns it's focus on the "Wonder of the Cross". Faith in Christ and his finished work on the cross is absolutely central to our beliefs. Faith is not salvation, but the channel by which salvation is communicated to us. Faith brings us to Christ, who creates the miracle of regeneration in us.
Consider these "Faith Facts": (condensed from WORLD AFLAME)
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see
- Faith and Obedience are inseparable companions in our walk with God!
- Faith is the necessary companion to prayer, baptism of the Spirit, operation of spiritual gifts, healing, tests & trials, worship, witnessing - all aspects of a Christian's walk with God.
- Faith in God leads to Salvation (not faith in the good works that you may have done). Martin Luther discovered this while reading Romans 1:17 "...the just shall live by faith". (Notice though it's not about "faith in faith", but faith in Christ and his finished work on the cross.)
- Faith is key to unlocking God's storehouse of blessings.
- Faith sees things as they are "going to be" and not as they are!
- Faith makes all things possible. Jesus said, "with God all things are possible".
Our relationship with God is based on FAITH - an assurance that He is both able and willing to perform that which He has promised. Perhaps you have "things" in your life that you need a breakthrough in ...remember that "Faith sees things as they are "going to be". There are ANVIL men that would love to have the opportunity to join with you in prayer on your "Faith journey" on whatever this may be. Let them pray with you and - agree together with you! God doesn't expect you to travel this journey alone!
Our initial step towards God comes by faith that is generated upon our coming into contact with the Word of God. From that moment on our walk with God is controlled by our faith in God to sustain, deliver, protect and provide. If we can believe that He will, He will!
As we go through this 2012 Easter season, perhaps you can do so with renewed respect and awe at what Christ has done on the cross, in providing you through FAITH with "Our Great Salvation!
NEXT: OUR GREAT SALVATION - JESUS, OUR PROPITIATION
"...it was there by FAITH, I received my sight"